Monday, July 4, 2011

Experiencing God's Love

Happy 4th of July!  I am sitting in the comfort of my air conditioned apartment watching a beautiful display of fireworks on my 32" tv and can't help but think how much different my situation will be a month from now.  I will be traveling my mom Barb, our new friends, Bruce and Jennifer - a father daughter duo, and Sister Rita to San Lucas, Guatemala.  I am thinking my source of refreshment will not be an air conditioned hotel room but rather a cool beverage at the corner pub.  This will be a brand new experience for most of us, a chance to take a 10 day break from work and the regular pace of our lives.  We will be leaving behind friends and family to make new friends and learn new things.  We will be working along side the people of Guatemala doing whatever is asked of us.  We will be on a mission to spread God's love, but somehow I bet the people of Guatemala and the people we meet at the mission from around the world will spread just as much of God's love to us!  So as we plan what we will pack in our suitcases and what souvenirs we will purchase we will also spend time listening to God's plan for us...

"For so the Lord has commanded us, saying, “‘I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.’”"
Acts 13:47 ESV

We will update the blog before we leave as well as while we are in Guatemala so check back often to see what we are up to!  Peace.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment